CR 3 (800 XP)
Often N Medium monstrous humanoid (shapechanger)
Init +1/-19; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 natural)
hp 26 (4d10+4)
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6
Immune charm, sleep
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d8+4)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 18th; concentration +19):
At will—detect thoughts (DC 13)
Str 18, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 13
Feats Dodge, Great Fortitude
Skills Bluff +9 (+13 while using change shape ability), Diplomacy +4, Disguise +9 (+29 while using change shape ability), Perception +9, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +5; Racial Modifiers +4 Bluff, +4 Disguise
SQ change shape (alter self), mimicry, perfect copy
Organization solitary, pair, or gang (3-6)
Treasure NPC Gear
Mimicry (Ex): A doppelganger is proficient in all weapons, armor, and shields. In addition, a doppelganger can use any spell trigger or spell completion item as if the spells were on its spell list. Its caster level is equal to its racial Hit Dice.
Perfect Copy (Su): When a doppelganger uses change shape, it can assume the appearance of specific individuals.
Doppelganger (Playable) (38 RP)
- Ability Score Traits Advanced (+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Wis, -2 Cha) (4 RP)
- Type: Monstrous Humanoid (3 RP)
- Size: Medium (0 RP)
- Base Speed: Normal (0 RP)
- Languages: Linguist (1 RP); Doppelgangers begin play speaking Common. Doppelgangers with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus languages.
- Mental Immunities (6 RP): Doppelgangers are immune to sleep effects or effects of the enchantment (charm) subschool.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Racial Skill Bonuses (8 RP): +4 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks.
Magical Racial Traits
- Change Shape, Greater (8 RP): Doppelgangers can assume the appearance of a Small or Medium humanoid as the alter self spell, save that it does not adjust its ability scores. Doppelgangers can mimic specific individuals.
- Spell-Like Ability, At-Will (4 RP): detect thoughts
Offense Racial Traits
- Claws (2 RP): Doppelgangers receive two claw attacks.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision 60 ft. (0 RP; type)
- Monster Manual (3e), pp.67-68
- Pathfinder Bestiary, pg.89