< ReaveJump to navigationJump to search
Reaves as PCs
- Ability Adjustments: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma. Reaves are quite strong, and their extra arms give them a good deal of dextrousness, but they're a bit too quick to anger for most cutters.
- Racial Skill Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Intimidate and Sleight of Hand checks.
- Natural Armor: A reaves hide gives them a natural armor bonus of +2.
- Four Arms (Ex): Reaves have four arms, allowing them to wield more in combat than most. A reave can wield up to four one-handed weapons, but the third and fourth suffer the normal off-handed penalty; this penalty is not effected by anything which normally reduces it. A reave gains no additional bonus from wielding more than one shield. Due to the arrangement of their arms, a reave suffers a -5 penalty to hit with any bow; crossbows are not effected.
- Fading (Su): As a move action, a reave can "fade" to the Astral if they are somewhere with access to the plane (the Prime or the top layer of an Outer Plane). For every round faded, they move 20 feet in a random direction (chosen at the time of the fade, roll a d8 as splash damage). A reave can remain faded for up to 6 rounds; should they end up in a solid object, they are shunted backwards along their path to the first open area. Fading is blocked by 6 continuous feet of stone, 6 continuous inches of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 18 continuous feet of wood or dirt. A reave is fatigued after coming out of a fade. A reave may fade up to once per hour.
- Languages: Reaves begin play speaking Common and Reave. Reaves with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Dwarven, Goblin, Infernal, Orc.
- Planescape Monstrous Compendium II, pp.80-81